Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What is this site about?

First of all let me welcome me to this new site.

The purpose for this site is to provide a place for interested readers (like yourself) to find relevant information on disaster preparedness.

Dictionary.com defines the noun disaster as follows:

a calamitous event, esp. one occurring suddenly and causing great loss of life, damage, or hardship, as a flood, airplane crash, or business failure.


Do you know how to prepare for a disaster? What do you need to do in case a disaster strikes? What tools will you need to survive until help arrives? What information will you need to protect? How do you plan for loved ones? What about your pets?

This site will answer all of those questions and provide a place to ask questions about your specific situations.

I think it is only proper to provide you a little bit of information about who I am and why my information could save your life and those of your loved ones.

I am a retired Army Officer (and an avid traveler) with specific training and experience in what do you in an emergency and more importantly what do BEFORE a disaster to survive. With this site I wish to share that knowledge and experience with you so you and your loved ones can benefit and survive!

No comments: